Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, January 24, 2011

Info Post

I don't know if this a new tag or an old tag but since this is a Mad Momma tag, I dare not ignore it!

20 years ago I . . .
1. was preparing for my first board exams – Madhyamik.
2. was looking forward to watching Hum, first day first show.
3. was quite sure I would flunk Biology and have to sit for the exam again next year.

10 years ago I . . .
1. was King of Bihar, with 12 salesmen and some 80 distributors ready to die at my command (or so I thought). I also thought thought real men did sales and Marketing was for wimps.
2. got a mobile phone for first time and thought it was a pain. Especially the T9 text input.
3. was spending two days a week in Calcutta, of which most was in Olypub.

6 years ago, I had started my blog at around this time of the year…

5 years ago I . . .
1. was about to join a media company and all my friends asked if it was for a position in journalism.
2. was juggling with a notice period to be served and being in Calcutta & Kerala for my sister’s wedding.
3. just got to know that I was going to become a father.

3 years ago I . . .
1. was about to move into a Marketing position (and I thought Sales was for analytical people while Marketing was for the creative types).
2. watched Ramgopal Verma ki Aag alone in a hotel room.
3. did not imagine one day I would send SMS-sized updates on my life and thoughts to people I didn’t know.

1 year ago I . . .
1. saw my father give up on something for the first time in his life.
2. was about to do the most I have done in a year (but I didn’t know it then).
3. bought a somewhat expensive work of art for the first time.

So far this year I . . .
1. have tried to teach my son Hindi (and had my wife laugh at us).
2. seen only one film (in the theatre) but have bought 7 VCDs of films I missed last year.
3. have seen my book in print and my friends paying good money to read it.

Yesterday I . . .
1. downloaded two issues of Wired magazine on my iPad and realized that I was a geek at heart.
2. went to Deer Park near Hauz Khas and debated with if we should make a detour toward Gunpowder.
3. wondered No TV Day would be quite easy to do but a No TV Week would be brutal.

Today I . . .
1. complete 8 years of annoying one woman
2. have taken half a day off from work
3. will not annoy that woman (*conditions apply)

Tomorrow I will . . .
1. again annoy that woman
2. be back at work (full-day)
3. hopefully come back from work to find my son awake

In the next year I will . . .
1. complete writing a non-fiction book on Bollywood
2. visit Jaisalmer to see Shonar Kella for real
3. be a father again

0 comments:

Post a Comment