Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, November 3, 2011

Info Post
It's been a while since I cribbed about something I wasn't paid for. But this e-mail, which I got a few minutes ago, well...let's just say it's its own reward.


First, one would think very few men are called 'Nandini'. Second, very few people would think I'm likely to read a book that's about any kind of love. And yet, someone, who seems to have got inspired by Javeda Zindagi - beautiful song, beautifully sung, but there are reasons Urdu shouldn't be translated into English - wrote this:

Dear sir,


I had introduced my fiction ‘Eternal Love’ Story in E-Book through Xlibir Corporation of U.S.A. E-Book is compatible with Amazon and Sony Kindle, nook and i pad.


It ain’t cost earth; it cost only five U.S dollars. I promise that you will not be disappointed by purchasing my fiction ‘Eternal Love’ in E-Book. After editing and polishing my fiction is worth reading.


ETERNAL LOVE. Sci- Fi Love Story (Mature). Copyright registered.


Short synopsis


Billionaire’s only son Ajay dies in a freak accident but his girl friend Maya survives. Twenty-five years later Ajay was brought back to life with futuristic technology in A.D.2030. Fate brings them together. His ex-girl friend Maya is happily married woman with grown-up son. Will they became lovers again? What happened to their only love child Sandhya?


Have you ever read wholesome entertainer? My fiction is full of life. It has family value, love, romances, sex, songs, fight scenes, plane crash landing, Robo surgeon and his assistant S-2-P and her antics. Reading my fictions is like watching movie. Today it is my vision; in near future my fiction will become a reality. Trust ME!


Happy reading,


Eternally yours,


Author of Eternal Love.


N.B : Xlibris publisher had quoted 9 USD for my Eternal Love in E-Pub . I had to request them to reduce it to 5 USD because I want all my dear fellow countrymen (Indians) to read and appreciate my creation.


Much as I appreciate this gentleman's efforts to save me 4 dollars, I think I'll save myself 5. For the record, the 'Author of Eternal Love' went on to sign again with his name. I haven't modified anything in this email, just removed the name. Which you can probably find by Googling. For God's sake, two people haven't e-published books called Eternal Love?


On the subject, a lot of people ask me about getting published. Never mind that if I knew the first thing about it, I'd be published. 


"So, madam, how you are writing for all these journals and periodicals and newspaper?"


I have no clue. I guess a life scarred by contact with the likes of the author of Eternal Love made me clutch at whatever straws I could find, and the result was relatively funny prose. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment